Specialist support with 3D design and reverse engineering
3D Scanning Service
High resolution 3D Scanning
Our high resolution structured light 3D scanner provides an accurate and reliable digitisation of parts in order to replicate, scale or reverse engineer your parts.
- The process usually takes 1-2 hours, although this is dependent on the complexity of the part to be scanned.
- A high polygon mesh is generated that can be reverse engineered to enable adjustments to the model, or 3D Printed as-is using our wide range of FDM and SLA materials. A scan enables scaling too… why not scan and supersize a 3D print using our large format machines?
- Not all parts can be scanned, but we can discuss this with you prior to taking on a job.
- If you require a change or enhancement to your scanned model, we’re happy to discuss your requirement.
Full and Partial Body Scans
- The process usually takes 30-40 minutes and requires a prearranged appointment.
- It is a simple non-contact process using a handheld 3D scanner which emits lines of light onto your body and reads them at the same time.
- We then scale, and crop the scanned 3D model to your requirements.
- The finished scan will be ready for 3D Printing in your chosen material although we are currently only able to print in a single colour.
- If you require a change or enhancement to your scanned model, we’re happy to discuss and offer advice.